While descending towards the mouth of the gorge, pay attention to the vertical wall of rock that you can observe upstream, to your left. It consists of pelagic limestones (and thus deposited in a marine environment) dating back to the end of the Devonian or the beginning of the Carboniferous period (between approximately 380 to 350 million years ago).
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019