Once you reach the meadows around Stavoli Lunas, a panoramic view opens up towards the narrow river valley excavated by the Rio Seazza, a small tributary of the Tagliamento, where most of the fossils found in the Preone area come from. Moreover, from north to south along the valley, runs the passage between the Main Dolomite, deposited in shallow waters, and the Forni Dolomite deposited in deep waters, both sedimentary rocks from the Upper Triassic which formed simultaneously in different but contiguous environments.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019