Here the route crosses the Rio Gaier (in the locality named Ponte sul Gaier). The erosive action of the stream on the dark, stratified rocks of the Hochwipfel Formation is evident. These rocks are more erodible than limestones and in some places the torrent’s incision takes the shape of the gorge.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019