Once you reach the SS52bis you arrive at the Geopark Visitor Centre in the locality named “Laghetti”. This locality owes its name to the ancient presence of a palaeo-lake in the area upstream of the town of Timau, the origin of which was linked to the presence of postglacial landslides. During the summer the Visitor Centre is open to the public and offers an opportunity to discover other geo-paleontological features that characterize the upper course of the valley of the Bût torrent.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019