The characteristic shape of the entrance to this karst cave, which resembles a lock or the hilt of a sword, has given rise to various legends. The most famous is linked to the passage of the Huns led by Attila through these areas. The treasure of the heathen leader (which has never been found) is alleged to have been hidden here. The cavity, crossed by the stream that collects the waters of the peat bog, consists of a tunnel almost 500 metres long.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019