Near the hairpin bend at an altitude of 1092 m a.s.l you can note a sudden change in the vegetation. From dense spruce forest (lower down, sweet chestnut is also present) to sparse woodland with a range of species. The ground on which the path itself runs changes and from soft ground it becomes covered with debris, a situation brought about by a change in the lithology. From the where path sets off to the Lander Bivouac, you are walking over the Werfen Fm. This formation is subdivided into different “members” and here we pass from the Campil Member (of fine sandstone and laminated red pelite) to the Val Badia Member of bioclastic micritic limestones and weakly marly limestones.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019