The Lander Bivouac is located on a small plateau at about 1175 m a.s.l. Near the bivouac there are limestone rocks belonging to the Val Badia Member of the Werfen Formation. Here, pay close attention to the various surface morphologies linked to karst phenomena. One can observe both medium-sized forms (dolines, or sinkholes) and small-scale ones on individual blocks of rock (grooves, furrows, clefts). From here, looking south, on a clear day you can see a part of the Friulan plain, the lagoon of Grado and Marano and the Adriatic.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019