Back on the main path and before reaching the rockface of Monte Gamspitz, going up to the right, you come across a scree that partly covers mainly morainic deposits. The large amounts of debris are linked to the presence of tectonic lines. In the area between the path and the nearby Fontanon spring, a morainic deposit emerges that dates back to the late Würmian (the last phase of the Quaternary glaciations).
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019