The lakes are located in a basin, the origin of which is linked to glacial erosion. Within the basin are several waterbodies, some of which have a regular rectangular or rhomboid shape. It is likely that this regularity is due to the presence of fault systems, and/or networks of fractures laid out along specific directions. Thus bands of weakness were created in the rock masses that favoured the erosive action of the glacial mass.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019