In its final stretch the Rio Bordaglia has carved out a small gorge. The erosion that has deepened the course of the stream has affected the compact marbles originating from metamorphosed Devonian limestones. At this point you can observe certain morphologies that characterize these environments, such as erosion pots and rocks smoothed by the water.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019