On the western side of Mount Cordin there is a clearly visible layered structure, dubbed by the locals “The fold in the form of a 2” for its characteristic shape. Its structure and excellent visibility are provided by the red rocks of the Val Gardena Formation, folded to form a number 2 in pale dolomitic rocks. The fold is among the most imposing deformation phenomena of the Carnic Alps.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019