From this vantage point, equipped with signs, you can observe one of the most evocative parts of the area called the Val Dolce. The name – Val Dolce means “sweet valley” – derives from the characteristic morphology that contrasts with the rugged limestone walls of the Creta d’Aip of the Monte di Val Dolce and the Cavallo di Pontebba which together form the backdrop. These differences are due to the differing degrees of erodibility of the outcropping rocks.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019