From Casera Sissanis di Sopra you can see Monte Navastolt which represents the easternmost part of the Monte Avanza group. This area, unique in the Region, is made up only of metamorphic rocks. The metamorphosis of these rocks began 350 million years ago with the initial compressions of the Hercynian Orogeny.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019