Having reached the beginning of the path carved into the rock, in the middle to lower section of the gorge walls, you can see the morphologies derived from torrential erosion including smooth walls, erosion pots, undercuts, pools and falls. These morphologies are found along the entire path of the ascent of the gorge. The outcropping rocks are grey, pink and hazel-brown limestones with rare dark, clayey levels. The fossil remains of ammonoids are rare.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019