From the Casera Bordaglia di Sotto, looking south, you can see Monte Vas and Cima Ombladet. Cima Ombladet features the Zollner (Lower Devonian – Lower Carboniferous) and Hochwipfel (Carboniferous) Formations consisting of dark rocks. Their morphology is softer and covered with vegetation. The underlying Formation of the massive limestones of Monte Coglians (Lower to Upper Devonian) gives rise to bare rock walls, light grey in colour.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019