At this point, and along the entire gorge, the consequences of the strong compressions linked to the two orogeneses, the Hercynian (in the Upper Carboniferous) and the Alpine, still ongoing, are evident. As you walk within the gorge, in fact, you can observe numerous folds and faults in the rock, which, however, has not lost the characteristics it acquired during its deposition. The geometry of the faults and folds allows us to determine the orientation of the thrusts that gave rise to them.
- The temporary exhibition “The Wonders of the Underworld – Ampezzo, 20th June 2020
- The Geological Museum in Ampezzo opens next Saturday
- The temporary exhibition “Fossil fish from the Friulian Alps” opens again
- Coronavirus Emergency – extraordinary closing
- Presentation conference – book “INSIDE THE CARNIC ALPS” – Udine, 25th June 2019